The Church of Christ at Harlan believes…
That the Bible is the final authority in the governing of our lives, 2 Timothy 3:16 and 2 Peter 1:3.
In the New Testament Plan of Salvation. The Bible says we must…
- Have faith in God Hebrews 11:6 and Romans 10:17.
- Believe in Christ and the words He spoke Mark 16:16 and John 3:18.
- Repent of our sins Acts 3:19, Luke 13:3 and Acts 17:30.
- Confess Jesus as the Christ Matthew 10:32 and Romans 10:9-10
- Then to be an obedient believer, one is immersed into Christ for the forgiveness of sin and to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit Acts 2:38, Acts 8:38-39 and Romans 6:3-11
- Live their life faithfully for Christ until death Revelation 2:10
That Christians today should follow the example of the first century Church that met together to share in some basic principles for the spiritual growth of the Church Acts 2:41-42
- To hear the word of God proclaimed for our instruction in righteousness 2 Timothy 4:2-3
- To assemble together to encourage and edify one another Hebrews 10:24-25
- To partake of The Lord’s Supper (breaking of bread) on the First Day of the week Acts 20:7
- To pray James 5:16
That the Church belongs to Christ We are “His” bride and “He” is returning for her (the church) one day
That we are here to serve our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, while taking the gospel to a lost and dying world that so desperately needs Christ in their lives. Jesus came to seek and to save the lost, so we to need to preach and spread the gospel. Luke 19:10 and Romans 1:16